[wellylug] Meeting comments/suggestions, was: Hostile takeover meanderings

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Aug 4 12:56:47 NZST 2004

> Does anyone have any ideas on projects for the lug, beyond installfests?
>
> > [opinion]
> > I think perhaps Wellylug is already in this position as I have yet to
> > see any ideas for meetings or meanderings about the LUG and what it
> > should be doing being done by anyone bar the 'non-committee' (or
> > whatever it wants to call itself).
> > There is virtually no traffic on the LUG list and certainly nothing
> > about ideas for presentations etc. at meetings.
> > [/opinion]

As a member of the cabal, I assume any lack of input has been because most are
finding the meetings at least adequate at present. I don't see a need for a
presentation every month, and some of those turning up seem to prefer to do
their own thing rather than get into the presentations anyway. LanPlace doesn't
really suit several groups yakking simultaneously, but we seem to cope :-)

If anyone has suggestions or concerns, please feel free to raise them here or
on the wlug_org list (where organisational things can be discussed without
inflicting the msgs on those who prefer not to be involved)

Are there any members who don't like the meetings/presentations as they are run
at the moment? (Suggestions on what would be preferred are more useful than
complaints :-)

I have some Open Source GIS (Geographic Information Systems) projects which
some may be interested in, and can prob arrange to demo GPS software using
georeferenced images of maps created using OS software under Linux if anyone is
interested.

(GPS software showing LanPlace moving around Willis St doesn't make for an
exciting demo, so you may need to use some imagination :-)

Cheers,

  Brent