[wellylug] dialup ISP suggestions?

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:06:56 NZST 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:57:36 +1200, Donald Gordon wrote:
> I'm looking for something that's flat-rate (and doesn't start kicking
> you off and not letting you on for fifteen minutes after you've reached
> some arbitary usage limit, as some ISPs seem to do these days), doesn't
> produce too many busy signals, isn't horrendously expensive, and
> (ideally) is provided by an ISP which peers on the WIX.

Has anybody come across an ISP that, when you call to report a fault,
doesn't tell you to go away when you explain that you run Linux?  With
Xtra, I go through the motions of _pretending_ I am checking my
Windows settings, rebooting etc., just to keep the monkey on the other
end happy.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')