[wellylug] ssh not playing ball

Jamie Baddeley wellylug at vpc.co.nz
Mon Aug 30 21:48:10 NZST 2004

Thanks to those who replied....

> In message <1093852968.18646.6.camel at munter>, Jamie Baddeley writes:
>>I have a box that has decided it doesn't want to be friends anymore.
>
> Perhaps you shouldn't have called it any nasty names :-)

I didn't! - well at least not until it stopped behaving :-) Then I called
lots of names.
>>noc:~# ssh -vvv noc at wlgbk1
>>[....]
>>ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

> Assuming that it's not blocked in /etc/hosts.allow or /etc/hosts.deny
> the most likely resources to run out of are:
> (a) ram/swap
> (b) process ids
> (c) disk space (eg, /tmp)

Nothing untoward on the long term trending graphs I'm afraid.

  Examining log messages from
> the system (eg, whichever machine it syslogs to) may tell you more
> about what is going on.

Nothing there either. Oh well. Post Mortem tommorrow morning..

About the only thing of interest was that syslog was still happily sending
me info about an hour after snmp had died..
cheers

jamie