[wellylug] AppleScripting

Edmund A. Hintz ed at hintz.org
Tue Aug 31 22:58:35 NZST 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004, Sam Cannell thus spake:

>Once again, while there might well be one or two members who know about
>applescript, a linux user group list may not be the most appropriate
>forum for your question.

True 'dat...

But to bring it more in line with the forum, my suggestion was screw
AppleScript, use cron and rsync (or psync if there are legacy files with
resource forks). Generally speaking, thinking unix/freebsd works quite
well on macs... So if anybody wants to expound upon their favorite
methods for scheduling file backups to external disks, go at it... More
likely than not, it'll work precisely the same on an OS X box.

Regards,

Ed Hintz
ed at hintz.org