[wellylug] I think my motherboards gone.... :-(

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Mon Dec 20 08:45:41 NZDT 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Brent Wood wrote:
> Also note that you can sometimes hear memory when under load, a slight whine
> there.

Finally, someone who agrees with me! When I told the guys at work that I
can definitely HEAR my PC when it's working hard (especially rendering 3D
graphics in realtime) they thought I was mad and have never looked at me
in quite the same way again...

It's quite loud actually - I can hear it over music with headphones on. A
high pitched squeal presumably correlated with increased power draw. It's
most highly correlated with video card activity. It's not a fan.

--
David.