[wellylug] Video / Webcam Streaming

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Tue Feb 17 21:22:10 NZDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:02:05 +1300 Chris Hodgetts <chris at archnetnz.com> wrote:

> Now, heres the tricky part, I have one 24/7 box on my desk, and it's
> windows...  the other 8/5 is my laptop, which gets taken home. I have a
> webcam connected to the Windows box, and with the lan wanted to stream
> from a windows box to a linux server, where by a staff member, can type
> in eg: webcam and get the streaming video.

There was a windows program I used once called "webcam 2000" that
provided a small (web)server that gave you back a JPEG every time you
connected to it.  I wrote a CGI script to run on a Linux box to do
Motion JPEG streaming with it, which I may be able to dig up if
required.

http://www.webcam2000.info/

donald