[wellylug] key signing in Wellington

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Wed Feb 25 17:14:33 NZDT 2004

In message <1077681874.6542.2.camel at jenna>, Chris Hodgetts writes:
>Because I have had no need for one , upuntill now, I was going to
>generate a key on the night..  Is that OK?

No.

"Don't bring a computer to a key signing party" -- which is mentioned in
every key signing party FAQ.

You should generate your key in advance (eg, today) and send it through
to Sam's little tool, and then bring along a print out of your key's
fingerprint that you've double checked -- and some sort of ID that will
convince other people of who you are.  If you don't believe in
Government issued ID (as per your earlier message) it could be an uphill
battle convincing some people.

Ewen