[wellylug] BLFS Problems++

Jethro Carr dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jan 10 02:57:57 NZDT 2004

hi all,

I've finnally got a working Linux from Scratch system, with gnome,
mozilla, evolution, xmms, etc, installed. (I sent this email with it!)
:))))))

I have only 2 big problems:

- hsf conexant winmodem. I can't get it to install, it keeps having an
annoying error...
Does anyone know what files need to be compiled and installed? I might
be able to compile them and install them manually. If someone who uses
it, sends me their /etc/modules.conf file it would be usefull.

I can't download a different version, as the company that made it, has
gone comercial... :((((

- pty problem. I recompiled the kernel with 2048 pty's, but no fix. Is
there a device node I might need to create? :/

thanks for any ideas...

PS: I'll be bringing my system along to the next lug, as well as all the
tar's, & my logs/docs incase anyone wants them...

--
-- Jethro

dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jethroc