[wellylug] Debian on HP Compaw d530

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 30 13:57:18 NZDT 2004

 --- Jamie Dobbs <jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz> wrote: > I
am trying to get Debian 3.0r2 to work on a HP
> Compaq d530 PC and having
> some issues.
> The machine has on on-board Broadcom LAN card which
> Debian does not appear
> to have drivers for, but I have got around this by
> installing another LAN
> card that Debian does support.
> The machine has an on-board 'Intel Extreme Graphics
> 2' videocard which try
> as I might I cannot get to work, even with a fairly
> vanilla X config, and
> X -configure just crahes - anyone have any hints?

Jamie

Perhaps you could try Knoppix?

If it works, you can cat /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and
find the settings you need.

Knoppix is invaluable for Debian hardware
configuration, since it is Debian-based itself.

And it won't touch your existing setup at all.  So if
Knoppix doesn't work, you're no worse off.

Just out of interest, what happens when you do an
lspci?

Cheers
TB

[Posting using new address to avoid using work one].