[wellylug] debian imap

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Thu Jul 1 15:07:01 NZST 2004

Chris Hodgetts wrote:

> <>Sorry, but could I ask a dumb question here?
>
> Why would anyone want to run multiple concurrent IMAP sessions?
> Isnt that just a huge security violation, and if you were going to do
> that, why not just run Outlook?

How is that a security violation?

IMAP supports shared folders, which could easily have multiple
concurrent access. Plus I often have two mail clients checking the same
account as I tend to leave my home computer on. Also, IMO, maildirs look
tider than most mbox structures, as mine's all hidden :P

I use reiserfs, so space isn't a problem. IMAP IDLE works nicely ;)