[wellylug] [Fwd: Govt guidance would guarantee our geek credentials (Green Party media release)]

Brett Taylor brett at webfroot.co.nz
Fri Jul 9 21:54:24 NZST 2004

Ian Beardslee wrote:

> Ouch - don't going letting David Harris see this - Pegasus Mail is not
> open source - it is free as in beer but not free as in freedom.

Argh! Pegasus Mail is a horrid POS.  Cool, it's New Zealand 'ware, Cool
that it's free (as in beer), but my GOD -- it's an application stuck in
the 90s! If you want an MDI interface, use Eudora Light -- the ads
aren't so bad!  And have you tried to convert away from Pegasus?
Basically, you can't!

Nothing against David Harris, I'm sure he's an alright guy, but
Basically, for the quality of the program, I hate Pegasus Mail.  Stay
away from it.  Use Thunderbird -- it's less confusing.

my NZD$0.02 :)

--
Brett Taylor
- Webmaster