[wellylug] (semi-linux question - pushing the limit ) ssh on win nt 4 server

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Tue Jul 20 23:04:49 NZST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:26:44 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi
>Sorry but its question time again
>
>I am endeavouring to rsync data off of an nt4 server to a remote Linux
>backup box via ssh (cygwin) using preshared keys.
>If I manually start the backup batch file (as administrator) on the nt box
>it all works fine. But (there is always a but) if I run it as a scheduled
>task (as administrator) it fails - with ssh complaining that ...
>
>Permissions of 0444 for '/.ssh/id_rsa are too open. bad permissions blah
>blah blah.
>
>Administrator is the files owner and is the only user permitted access...

How do you schedule it? Using "at" command? Or using the schedule
facility that came with some version of IE or something?

When you schedule a task in Win2000 it runs as "SYSTEM" not
"administrator". Try giving "SYSTEM" access to the resource.

Sorry, it's a long time since I've had to schedule stuff on NT4, so I
may be well off-beam here.

Cheers,

Cliff