[wellylug] lost boot partition

Jamie Baddeley wellylug at vpc.co.nz
Thu Jul 29 09:52:38 NZST 2004

Hi,

I discovered this morning that my home machine is very unhappy :-(, it
won't boot at all into a 2.4.25 based kernel (complaining that it can't
find any modules), but does boot into an older 2.4.22 kernel, except
that once booted, it can't see anything in the boot partition. / is
ext3, and /boot was/is ext2.

I have a knoppix disk to rescue from, but I was wondering if the LUG had
some handy tips as to how I might go about solving this.

I haven't had a chance to have a decent look at it, but I'd really
appreciate some advice/tips before I go do battle with the damned
machine...

cheers

jamie