[wellylug] Re: ncd explora X terminals

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Fri Jul 30 22:25:23 NZST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:53:46 +1200, you wrote:

>I find it disturbing ..
>
>I have a laptop, and people still refer to it as a "BOX", well I am
>sorry  ... it's not a box, it's more of a flat, oblingie type thing...
>
>to me a BOX is square and please correct me if I am wrong, there havent
>been that many Square cases made for computers....

A box is not SQUARE! That's a 2-D shape. A box is probably best
described as a rectangular parallelopiped, a cuboid.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cuboid

Of course one or more (all even) of the faces of a box could be
square.

I'd say a laptop could certainly be described as "box-shaped". Just a
very thin box...

Cheers,

Cliff