[wellylug] Smartlink winmodem issue

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 8 12:59:22 NZST 2004

Hi Lynsay,
sounds like the driver is not 100% stable with your kernel or hardware.
You can get a bit more info on your modem by typing "lspci -v" in a
terminal. On my Toshiba laptop it says I have a Lucent Microelectronics
56k winmodem. My modem uses an Agere Core chipset (which your's may also
if that's what the AC stands for). I downloaded the
ltmodem-8.31alek.tar.gz file from http://ltmodem.heby.de/.
It is compatible with the 2.6.4 kernel but will require your kernels
source directory to compile on your system. Was your driver installed
from source or a binary package?
Bill