[wellylug] OpenOffice 1.1.1

Sam Cannell sam at plaz.net.nz
Fri Jun 11 14:35:35 NZST 2004

How is it unnecessary?

Exim is a mail transfer agent / mail delivery agent; mailx is a simple
mail user agent.

The mailx package provides the 'mail' binary, which plenty of programs
use to send out messages to root or other users:

sam at spathi:~$ dpkg -S `which mail`
mailx: /usr/bin/mail

And if you chose to remove a package which other packages require to
function, it's hardly Debian's fault if it follows your instructions and
keeps all your dependancies resolved ... that's the main function of a
decent package management system. :)

--
Sam Cannell <sam at plaz.net.nz>