[wellylug] Peanut Linux

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 22 10:01:03 NZST 2004

I've tried Peanut 9.5 and it was a fairly quick & staight forward
install, they have 9.6 out now although it took over a year to come (so
don't expect quick updates) and they've dropped KDE for Enlightenment.

If your "old box" is i686 you could try our kiwi based Yoper, I'm
running it on a p2 400 Mhz 128Mb laptop. Has KDE 3.2.3 and 2.6.7 kernel
and is snappier than a fresh install of win 98.
....ok guys I realise last week I had Onebase and thought my distro
hopping days were over but, you know what it's like when another one
catches your eye :-)

Bill