[wellylug] SME Server problems

Alex wlug at viceconsulting.co.nz
Tue Jun 29 22:34:39 NZST 2004

Hi Michael,

What make of IDE raid is it?

It seems as if the hardware RAID driver is not loading properly, or
not at all.  Quite possibly the Linux distro does not have built in
support for your hardware IDE raid.

The fact the system shows the drive as hde seems suspicious as well.
It should probably be showing it as sda or hda.

Would recommend finding out the make/model of the IDE RAID and
searching the net for Linux installation info with this IDE RAID.
I've recently experienced an LSI Logic Corporation MegaIDE raid
controller so if it's that one give us a shout for further info.

-Alex.