[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Wed Mar 3 16:55:36 NZDT 2004

On 3/03/2004, at 3:39 PM, Donald Gordon wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:11:27 +1300
> Rob Giltrap <rob at ubietygroup.com> wrote:
>
>> HighSpeed 5G offers 2048 kbps/512 kbps and 5 Gigabytes for $59.95
>> ($84.90 with phone). Lightspeed 10G provides a staggering 10240
>> kbps/1024 kbps - 200 times faster than dial-up - plus 10 Gigabytes for
>> $139.95 ($164.90 with phone). Additional usage charges are charged in
>> blocks, depending on the plan chosen, and range from 4.95c per
>> megabyte
>> down to 1.5c per megabyte.
>
> According to
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3552257 :
>
>  "The previous split charging for international and domestic traffic
> has
>   been abandoned, with all data charged at the same rate."
>
> That's really annoying.  I liked the old scheme - this means that the
> new 1GB plan is faster, but gives you much less traffic than the old
> one, depending on your usage :-(

According to TelstraClear they haven't changed it

https://telstraclear.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/telstraclear.cfg/php/enduser/
std_adp.php?
p_sid=mbzQnm5h&p_lva=&p_faqid=636&p_created=1078271708&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZw
X2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDAzJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

Question

Is National traffic still rated at 1/10th the rate of International
traffic on the new HighSpeed internet plans?