[wellylug] ACPI issues

Sam Cannell sam at plaz.net.nz
Thu Mar 4 15:08:38 NZDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying once again to get Linux working on my laptop.

I've had this problem before, and was hoping that a new kernel would
solve things.

When booting 2.6.3 with ACPI support enabled, I get:

ACPI: Subsystem revision 20040211
ACPI: IRQ9 SCI: Level Trigger

At this point, the screen stops scrolling.  The machine is not locked -
the console just stops being updated.  The hard disk keeps going and
after a few moments X starts, however if I use ctrl+alt+fn to switch
from X to a different virtual console, all I see is that page of kernel
messages ending with the "Level Trigger" line.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I've tried tweaking the acpi
/ apic / apm / pci parameters to the kernel, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Sam