[wellylug] CDs and CD Audio and Things

Eugene Van Wyk Eugene.VanWyk at 4rf.com
Tue Mar 9 07:30:29 NZDT 2004

Hi Chris

I am not sure that a CD player should fry itself if it runs 24/7, unless
something was marginal in the first place, but the running lifetime will
be shortened.  Do these old CD drives have a play pushbutton on the
front panel?
I assume you will be tapping the audio from the front panel connector.

Are all the drives of the same type and age or are do you have lots of
different drives?  Although a completely standalone player is probably
not going to work, there may be a way to hook it up using an 8 bit micro
which would be very small, and fairly low cost - (< $100).

Contact me off list, and we can see if we can work out something
You can contact me by phone at 499 6000

Eugene van Wyk
Test Development Engineer
4RF Communications Ltd