[wellylug] CDs and CD Audio and Things

Klenner, Colin colin.klenner at eds.com
Tue Mar 9 10:48:41 NZDT 2004

My brother-in-law is in Thailand and previously in Singapore. He was back in
New Zealand over Christmas and we were discussing something similar to this.

He reported that there are PC's for sale in Asia that allow the CD-drive to
act independently of the Pc in that the PC can be completely powered off but
the CD drive, which is built into the top of the machine, can still be used
to play CD's. They have done something smart with the power supply to allow
the CD drive to function and still drive the sound output as well, but the
machine itself can be shutdown.

Power supply is still required.

Is this what you are wanting? If this was for sale in NZ it would please a
lot of people.

Colin