[wellylug] Lycoris Desktop/LX Software

Sam Cannell sam at plaz.net.nz
Sun Mar 14 22:47:24 NZDT 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:08:03PM +1300, Jamie Baddeley wrote:
> I scanned through the archives as well, and it's seems it's the usual
> suspects. ;-) again.
>
> It's a tricky one.
>
> First off, some questions:
>
> 1. Is it ok for lug people to sell each other stuff through the list
> (aka 6GB HDD for sale) - if so do we qualify what is ok/not ok, or do we
> not bother?

My personal feeling is that advertising second-hand software, hardware,
kitched fittings, etc. for sale on the list is acceptable, but selling
new hardware or software is not.

Perhaps it might be more appropriate for Michael to put up a webpage
advertising the Lycoris products, which could be linked to from the 'Get
Linux' page of the wellylug site?

- Sam