[wellylug] Good CafeNet cafe

William Hamilton william at thevirtual.co.nz
Tue Mar 16 10:59:19 NZDT 2004

Darryl Hamilton wrote:

| On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:27, Sam Sargeant wrote:
|
|>On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:20:49PM -0800, Gordon Paynter wrote:
|>
|>>Hi all,
|>>
|>>Can anyone recommend a cafe in the city that has CafeNet (or similar
|>>wireless access), good coffee, and a good atmosphere for a few hours
|>>work.
|>
|>I was planning to try Katipo Cafe on Wills st. It's a great place, and I'm
|>hoping Cafenet is around there somewhere. (May have to sit by a window) :)
|

| You can get CafeNet access from the library, which isn't that far
away, so
| Katipo should be with range.
Sorry to say I have tried Katipo and I am a regualr still but alas..  NO
CafeNET.  The places I would recommend are.

Astoria - good coffee comfy wall seats..  it does get noisy but good
place and node on site.  You can alse stretch to Burger King across the
read  sit on seat nearest Astoria :) There is also the park ourside
which has coverage so you can grab takeaway coffee from any place :)

Paris has ok coverage BUT as it recently went on fire I am not sure it
would be too comfortable and sespecialy if you do not like your coffee
burnt.

There is also at the corner of Cuba and Waikefield Sts (sorry the name
eludes me) a nice wee place with good coverage nice food and coffee is
decent.

Another great place awesome to get soe work done in as it is very quiet
is the Jimmy Bar, part of the ST James theatre.  Sooo close to my office
I almost feel guilty but still go :)

Another I used to like was the one under the Old Bank BUT has been
closed since around Xmas last year and I have no idea what is happening.

These are my favs and recommendations (I live on CafeNET most of the
time I am in town) but do not take my word for it  try
http://www.cafenet.co.nz/cgi-bin/register.cgi?mode=showpage&page=about#where

Thats enough ranting from me. if there are any more good ones I am also
keen to know.  Some of the suggested locations on the CafeNET list do
not work (Namely Ministry of Food) and yes I should email Citylink.. mmm
may do that now

bye

- --
William Hamilton

TheVirtual Ltd                  Voice:  +64 4 801 5830
Wellington, New Zealand         Mobile: +64 21 650 936
william at thevirtual.co.nz        www.thevirtual.co.nz
Making Virtual Business Reality