[wellylug] Making my own RPM

Phillip Rose rosewong at paradise.net.nz
Wed Mar 17 09:31:07 NZDT 2004

Hello Edouard,

At 08:47 17/03/04 +1300, E.Chalaron wrote:
>Hi
>why should I bother ?
>well, I have a piece of code in pascal (at last !), supposed to be compiled
>by compiler freepascal.org.
>Now I do not want to install the compiler on all my mahines, I'd rather make
>a RPM on one machine and install from it.
>
>question A : is it possible to create a RPM from a pascal code ?

Disclaimer: I've never done this. That said, have a look at this:
http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/creating_rpms.html
I wouldn't worry about versioning too much at this point. You just want to
make the file and see if it works! If you release it, then you want to get
more formal.

I saw a more detailed article in Australian PC Authority Aug, 2003.
Remarkably, I found it online by knowing *exactly* what to look for:
http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Index.asp?PageType=ArticleDetail&CatID=17&ID=1
3400

>question B : is it difficult ?

Doesn't look like it, as long as you have all the devel pkgs installed that
you need.

HTH,
--Phillip