[wellylug] Mandrake 10 problems

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 17 11:26:41 NZDT 2004

Brenda O'Hagan wrote:

>9.2 was horribly flakey for about 3 months after release - then it settled
>down
>mandrake 10 hasn't been offically released yet, so if you dont like flakey
>keep with mandrake 9.x for now.

I think I'll stick with Gentoo, at least that works properly on all of
the hardware I've tried it on, unlike 10 or 9.2! 9.2 doesn't appear to
work properly on the VIA mini-ITX mobo's which is a bit of a bummer too.
I can't even get the network in MDK10 (now that I've managed to install
it) working, just a flaky POS that shouldn't have even been released if
you ask me - not that anyone will ;)