[wellylug] SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server

Robin Hinde robin at hindesite.co.nz
Wed Mar 17 12:38:57 NZDT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:25, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> Michael Dittmer wrote:
> > Hi All...
> >
> > I am planning on setting this up on my network here at home to stream
> > audio (MP3 files). Does anyone currently use it and is it easy to setup?
> >
> > I have read the FAQ at http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml and
> > it seems simple enough (doesn't hold his breathe).
> >
> > Michael
>
> You may want to have a look at IceCast and VideoLAN too

I haven't used any of the above, but don't you have to still feed them
something?

I've been running Slimserver to stream mp3s 24/7 for the past few weeks, it
works so well I haven't bothered with looking at alternatives since I started
using it. Seems to be quite an active project, strongly recommend looking at
it. *Very* easy to set up, some reasonable interface schemes available, plus
I can even control streams form my Palm via bluetooth.

cheers

  -=rjh=-