[wellylug] mysql help

Jamie Baddeley wellylug at vpc.co.nz
Wed Mar 17 17:28:05 NZDT 2004

Hi,

I am whipping a mysql database into shape, and am currently losing.

I've been using phpmyadmin to help me point and click my way through it,
and am beginning to lose faith in the gui and am about to do the cli
thing.

My problem is I have a php app trying to access the database, and mysql
is kicking up an error of:

040317 17:21:13      80 Connect     Access denied for user:
'website at localhost' (Using password: YES)

phpmyadmin assures me that I have set permissions for the user website
correctly, but I don't believe it.

can someone tell me a set of cli command that I can be sure will set a
given user a given password? I just want to allow localhost (i.e apached
and mysql are on the same machine)

it's a debian boxen.

jamie