[wellylug] looking for a linux compatible ADSL modem

youp . ahlee_youp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:25:22 NZDT 2004

I am planning to get an Xtra Jetstream connection (Xtra Jetstream Surf Flat
Rate), which has a max 256/128kbps download/upload rate, for a small home
network (two computers max). I need to purchase an ADSL modem.
However, I would be using the modem in both Windows XP and Linux (Debian and
Gentoo), and so it needs to be Linux compliant.

Could anyone please recommend the ADSL modem they are using for both Windows
and Linux? Internal/External? USB? How much was it? Is it available in NZ?
Which store? Does it have any problems/advantages over other brands, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Simon Antliff.