[wellylug] ip-up scripts

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 24 11:13:00 NZST 2004

I'm trying to run an X program when my ppp connection
comes up.

I have put the command in my /etc/ppp/ip-up script,
but it doesn't run.

Other commands will run, as long as they don't require
interaction of any kind or have text output to the
console.  (e.g. poff works, echo doesn't).

Any idea how to fix this?

Background: I use on-demand dialing, and I want to
know when the modem is on-line.  The X app says "modem
connection active" and if I click on it, it closes the
connection.  The app works fine if I run it manually,
but the whole point is that it should just appear when
the connection starts.

Cheers
Tony