[wellylug] DVD-Burners

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Sat Mar 27 13:14:39 NZST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 13:06, Cameron Hart wrote:
> I'm going to be looking at getting a DVD Burner soon... Does anyone know how
> well models are supported and how easy they are to set up?

I don't know about other distros, but under Mandrake (assuming you have
already had a CD writer installed before hand) it's as simple as

urpmi dvd+rw-tools

k3b will even suggest you install this package if it is not installed.
I don't know other distros, but Mandrake has a patched cdrecord to burn
DVDs.  It works very well for me with 4x media, using an NEC 2500.

Damon