[wellylug] NSW University computing guidelines... may be of interest

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Mon Mar 29 10:45:53 NZST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:20:05 +1200 "Brenda O'Hagan" <brenda at wallace.net.nz> wrote:

> My sister is taking an internet techologies paper at Vic. (she's mathematics
> major)
>
> she tells me the OS is  KDE (a bit of confusion there)
> her assignments (html) must work in mozilla, and for scripting they learn php
> sounds like someone has decided to go open source.

The School of Mathematical and Computing Sciences have their own
(wonderful) systems people; most of the workstations are x86 boxes
running NetBSD.  They've never been a Microsoft shop.  Alas, the
centralised IT services seem to provide everyone else with Dells running
Windows.

donald
VUW CompSci student, still :-)