[wellylug] SpamAssassin/Virus checking 'before' Exchange Server

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Mon Mar 29 13:51:27 NZST 2004

Working in a company that loathes spending money I have been tasked with
finding a low/no cost solution to removing that large amoun of spam that
hits our Exhchange Server (5.5) on a daily basis.
Changing to another mail server is not an option, but I was thinking that
perhaps a Linux box equiped with exim(or other MTA) + SpamAssassin + some
sort of antivirus might be a good answer to check incoming mail then pass
on to the Exchange Server once it passes spam and virus checks.
Does anyone have any experience with such a setup or could point me to a
good online resource for this?
I have tried Googling but haven't found anything or particular use so far.

Thanks

Jamie