[wellylug] Thining about trying Debian again...

Cameron Hart sexy at cam.rebel.net.nz
Sun May 2 14:40:37 NZST 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004 14:03, Cameron Hart wrote:
> > Can't speak for KDE, but Gnome is all 2.4. XF86 is (finally!) up to 4.3.x
> > as well.
>
> I run KDE and love it. It's at 3.1.2
>
> > Testing has been good for me, am running it in quite a few places now.
>
> It's been brilliant for me too. Easy to install, and upgrade existing
> packages. And theres a new zealand mirror for testing too,
> ftp.nz.debian.org which resolves to ftp.citylink.co.nz
>
> --
> Cameron

Addendum :

One note about installing debian... It's been a few months now since I
installed debian, and I think they might be changing their installer, but the
one I used installed the 2.2 kernel and you really have to update it. Theres
a graphical installer on the way with (presumably) a later kernel.

Mind you, I guess any linux fanatic would probably have updating the kernel on
their to-do list after install of any but the latest distros

--
Cameron