[wellylug] Command Line Carriage Return Question

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Mon May 3 13:38:29 NZST 2004

Hello, I have a command line Jabber messenger tool.
(Being used for alerts and things)

It appears that I can only send messages in a single line format.

I have tried entering the \r and \n and everything else I can think of
to get carriage returns into the message but to no avil.

How I am invoking the script is

./jabber.pl jabbername at jabber.server "Testing \n Does this work \r I
hope so"

Someone suggested that I insert the ASCII CR (0x0A) which may work,
however I have never inserted anything like this before

Could someone point me in the right direction please :)

Thanks.