[wellylug] Proper way to start program with correct uid from init.d?

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon May 3 18:27:39 NZST 2004

If you have a copy of PostgreSQL installed from the Mandrake RPM, see how they
have implemented it. There are several approaches documented for starting
POstgres from the init.d startup, different disro's/UNIXes/people have their
own preferences, but I found looking up how this was done (the postmaster is
run as the postgres user, not root) a good primer :-)

(the box I'm sitting at doesn't have PG installed)

Brent