[wellylug] Configuring a modem

Nick Jensen spoonfella at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 09:14:09 NZST 2004

>There are two sample kernel modules for fedora core 1 on the Intel support
>site. You can get there from the dse page.
>
>1. Go to the modem page
>2. Click on Support near the bottom
>3. Click on latest Linux drivers
>
>You want the uni-processor version, number 4 in the list on the Intel site.

Fantastic, thanks very much everyone for all your help - I got the little
bugger working - never has that annoying beeping and gurgling sounded so
sweet!
I was a little off-track, using cat /proc/version I discovered that my
kernel version is 2.4.22, so no versioning issues. I got the driver
mentioned above (which had not been included on the drivers CD when I got
the modem - I guess it wasn't available then), installed it and everything
went fine!
I'm sure I'll be asking you lot more questions soon. Thanks again

     Nick