[wellylug] Printer setup problem using CUPS

Colin & Josephine Lewis cjlewis at amcom.co.nz
Fri May 7 15:52:26 NZST 2004

I am having problems getting by printer running properly following upgrading
from mdk 9.1 to 10.0 at the installfest.  I have a trusty Espon LQ100 24 pin
dot matrix - the message is not to repalce it, as I have recently bought a
couple of new ribbons, so until it falls over, I don't plan to replace it -
which I had working previously under mdk 9.1, but can now only get to operate
via a generic Epson 24 pin driver at 120x60dpi using draft mode.  I would
like to get a better print quality as well as get rid of the nasty carriage
return built into the driver at the end of every page, which is making
printing multi-page documents a pain.

There was an LQ100 driver on the list of available drivers, but it did nothing
when I tried installing it and printing a test page.

Anybody know which directory the drivers are likely to reside in, and how I
can edit them so I can have a go at making the proper LQ100 one work.
Anybody played with making drivers, that can give some advice on how feasible
this approach is likely to be?

thanks

Colin