[wellylug] Linux on yourCV

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Wed May 12 00:48:23 NZST 2004

To clarify...

The license for PDFs is that anyone can write software to create and
read PDF which is why we have OpenOffice.org 1.1, Ghostscript and XPDF.

The only licencsing restriction is on modifying PDFs, so "Free/OS"
software will never be able to edit PDFs as the licences are incompatible.

Frankly I use PDF because you can't modify it easily so I have some
surety that (where appropriate) content I have produced is being
delivered undoctored, as such the only parts of the Adobe licence I use
are fully open.

When I write a consultants report I provide the output in both PDF & MS
(or OOo). The later is so the person has complete access to what has
been paid for (i.e. fully open). The former so that I can point to a
document that is certified and time stamped as being the original (which
provides a level of legal protection).