[wellylug] New article -- CD backup solution

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 15 15:12:54 NZST 2004

 --- Jamie Baddeley wrote:
> Nice!
>
> I use this to do a similar thing:
> http://mkcdrec.ota.be/
>
> jamie

And it certainly looks flasher than my effort!  I'll
be taking a good look at this over the weekend.

On the other hand, I've always had these concerns
about making multi-volume backups that require all the
volumes to be good when restoring, and about
encrypting/compressing backups.

Perhaps I am being too paranoid.  I know I've read the
compression and encryption are a bad idea when backing
up to tape, but maybe CDs are more reliable.

Does anybody have experience with backups failing?

Cheers
Tony