[wellylug] cron usage

Tim Nicholas tim at nicholas.net.nz
Fri May 21 19:29:36 NZST 2004

On 21/05/04 11:18, E.Chalaron wrote:
> Ok here we go :
>
> [root at wairarapa cron.daily]# run-parts --test /etc/cron.daily
>
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/clamup <--- RUN
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/docparser <---- SHOULD RUN
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/htdig-dbgen <--- DOES NOT RUN
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/makewhatis.cron
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/msec
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/rpm
> run-parts would run /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch

This seems weird, as it's a completely different output to what my
run-parts would give. Both content and format.

Still, it looks like it is running the correct scripts, which means that
the script it's self is probably at fault. (but 'the script' I mean
/etc/cron.daily/htdig-dbgen)

Maybe you need to define $PATH at the top of that script, or something
like that.
Can you post the script, or email it to me direcrly?

Tim

--
Tim Nicholas                          ||                      Cilix
Email: tim at nicholas.net.nz            ||    Wellington, New Zealand