[wellylug] how to determine if a webserver is located in NZ?

Simon Blake simon at citylink.co.nz
Fri May 21 21:18:23 NZST 2004

Citylink has a couple of V6 tunnel servers, as sponsored by InternetNZ.

http://www.internetnz.net.nz/public/ipv6031213sponsorship-proposal.htm

If you've got an allocation, you can peer it locally - drop Andy or I a
line.

WRT to determining localness or not, the *only* definitive way is to
examine your providers BGP route table.  So pester them, either for
looking glass access to their routers (most have this is you ask nicely
- see for eg http://www.wix.net.nz/cgi-bin/mrlg-wix.cgi), of if you're
an expert suckup, see if they'll give you an eBGP multihop feed of the
actual table.

Cheers
Si