[wellylug] mdk 10 - 2.6 kernel + bluetooth + usb2
sam at plaz.net.nz
Thu May 27 16:29:44 NZST 2004
On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 15:40, Brenda O'Hagan wrote:
> what i want to do it take a binary rpm: eg. ron
> and without installing or booting this kernel, I want to find out if bluez was
> turned on when it was complied..
> anyone give my some basic step by step instructions on how to do this?
* Put the kernel rpm into a temporary directory, eg
* Extract the files from the kernel rpm using rpm2cpio and cpio:
* Download the 2.6.something kernel source. Put it into another
temporary directory, eg. /tmp/kernel-source/
* Extract the kernel source tarball (tar xjvf
* Assuming the kernel binary is /tmp/mandrake-kernel/vmlinux-2.6.3 and
the kernel source is in /tmp/kernel-source/linux-2.6.3/, do the
Note that this will only work if the Mandrake kernel does have the
config embedded in it. If you have a 2.6 source tree on your disk then
you can use that instead of downloading a new kernel image.
If you can't get it to work, email me the kernel rpm and I'll see if I
can get it :)
Sam Cannell <sam at plaz.net.nz>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.wellylug.org.nz/pipermail/wellylug/attachments/20040527/474f7dd9/attachment.pgp
More information about the wellylug