[wellylug] Boot up failures with Mnd 10

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon May 31 07:44:08 NZST 2004

--- Jethro Carr <dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 12:55, Damon Lynch wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 12:47, Colin Iles wrote:
> > >  Can anyone please tell me what to write on the
> > > command line to continue so that I don´t have to reboot by turning the
> > > computer off and on again.
> >
> > Login as root (from the command line is ok), and the command you need is
> > simply reboot.  I have also noted this problem, but only on one
> > machine.  Are you by any chance using an Nvidia card?
>

> Also, switch to a terminal (ctl+alt+F?), and press ctl+alt+del.

or

shutdown -r now

(normally only run by root but can be set up to have other users able to use
it)

I find the shutdown command handy as the -r means restart & the now means just
that. shutdown has a number of options to control how it shuts down, & how it
restarts afterwards.

The shutdown, halt, reboot and poweroff commands can all be used to shutdown a
linux system.

   Brent