[wellylug] NCD X Terminals

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Fri Nov 5 12:10:49 NZDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:54:31 +1300
Tony Wills <ajwills at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> I've found a couple more of these NCD X Terminals, one is an NCD 17C
> (1024x768 17" screen) and the other is an NCD 88k with NCD 17cr monitor
> (1280x1024 17" screen) (These are earlier versions than the "Explora"
> version discussed a few months back).

It's worth noting that the newer NCD ThinStar things (running wince) can
run an X server, even if they don't appear to support this from the
outset (mine, for example, only handled ICA and RDP) -- you need a
windows NT box, and the free 15 day trial management software from NCD,
and then you can reconfigure their software stack to your heart's
content.

Also, they take VGA monitors and PS/2 keyboards and mice (but don't
support scrollmice).

donald