[wellylug] Name That War! [was cat README | more ???]

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Fri Nov 5 15:29:54 NZDT 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 02:15:07PM +1300, Donald Gordon wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:58:13 +1300
> Brenda O'Hagan <brenda at wallace.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > why do you do that?? i'm reading my emails over GPRS and i gotta download all
> > that quoted stuff before i get to the new stuff...
>
> Well, the trick is to NOT QUOTE ABSOLUTELY FSCKING EVERYTHING when you

Which, in the context of my email an many others, is much easier and
neater if the thread has been consistently replied to with appropriate
snipping and bottom posting. Usually, some have posted at the top, some
at the bottom, and some with a mixture, making it incredibly difficult
to edit out the irrelevant bits

Richard
(of course, if Donald had used a one-line attribution, this email would
have been 3 lines shorter)