[wellylug] Wellylug: End of Poll

Tony Wills ajwills at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 7 19:25:42 NZDT 2004

At 13:07 7/11/2004, Donald wrote:
>I also have to agree with David: the results of these polls aren't
>really sufficiently interesting to be sent to the WellyLUG list every
>week.  I can't imagine adding an extra checkbox somewhere on the website
>to allow users to request weekly poll results to be emailed to them
>would be particularly difficult.

It's a mailing list, you subscribe to the list you get what everyone gets
;-), if you don't like some stuff it's not too difficult for most people to
create a filter/rule/whatever to trash it.  If you read your mail on some
slow device (like a cellphone) and you subscribe to mailing lists then god
help you! :-(

I think the idea of the polls is to try and get people more involved in the
groups WellyLug website (ie to visit occasionally).  I think it would be
useful if the poll results also included a note about what the next poll is
about, maybe more people would participate if they knew about the actual
current poll.

The other idea of the poll is to get some idea of the interests of the
group members.  A poll of 13 people may not be 'statistically significant'
but I'd be surprised if  the results didn't have a reasonable relationship
to the broader membership.

So stop trashing our esteemed webmasters contributions!

:-p