[wellylug] Squid Cache

Chris Hodgetts Chris.Hodgetts at energyintellect.com
Mon Nov 8 16:25:49 NZDT 2004

I am getting the following error in a squid log:

1099888172.821    180 192.168.0.37 TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS/200 440 GET
http://google.com/ - DIRECT/192.168.0.37 text/html

This only happens to 6 machines, and when they access any pages that
would pass squid, it takes them to that DIRECT and the page there, for
some reason or another , has a meta-refresh in it... so is constantly
refreshing the page.

I have stopped squid, and restarted it this problem goes away for about
2 minutes, then appearers again..

Just wondering, there is not a lot on google to try and resolve this
problem, so I was wondering if anyone has come across it before.