[wellylug] Modifying the mandrake network install disk

Glen Ogilvie nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz
Wed Nov 10 17:45:47 NZDT 2004

Hi,

I have got a little problem I thought someone might be able to advise me on.
I am trying to do a network install of Mandrake 10, over NFS, booting from a
floppy, using a second floppy to load the network driver, then off I go.

This works fine for some network cards, and I have done it before.  However, I
have a network card that refuses to work with NFS over UDP.  NFS over TCP is
fine however.

So, I want to modify the install floppy, so that, when it gets to the stage
where it is going to do an NFS mount, then launch the main install programme,
to instead, do a NFS mount along the lines of mount -t nfs -o tcp

I.e. add the -o tcp flag to it's mount command.

Does anyone know how to take a Mandrake boot floppy image apart and modify it?
or how to generate my own boot floppy with that modification in it?

Cheers
Glen Ogilvie