[wellylug] If microsoft says so, it must be true.

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Sat Nov 13 10:00:40 NZDT 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:56:38 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>--- Ian Beardslee <itb at falcons.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> But how can you really trust it when we all know that Slackware is the
>> best :-)
>

>It's all part of the MS FUD intiative.
>
>If they can get people to use Debian as their intro to Linux, Linux could be
>doomed!

Personally I'm getting fed up with these distro wars. After all we all
know that RedHat is lower than a worms belly, Slackware is for long
haired hippies from the 60's, Mandrake is for weenies, and Gentoo is
for uber-geeks, and Suse is OK if you like to run everything from a
GUI and speak a little German. That pretty much sums it up. Debian is
the obvious choice. Everything else is fringe.

Cheers,

Cliff